Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Doldrums

Its Tuesday mid afternoon and I am experiencing the worst doldrums of the work week ever.

This coming Sunday ends our August for revenue and our weekly sales meeting this morning was not the most encouraging, but lets face it what sales meeting is encouraging? I've had at least 4 ads cancel for this week and even one that cancelled this morning. No one is calling me back for Stand By's for this coming weekend. A Stand By is when we have extra space in the newspaper that needs to be sold quickly so we price it just right and add color for free. For the first time since February I do not think I'm going to make at least 90% of my goal and this frustrates me to no end. I knew when I took on the new position that it was going to take some time to get things to run smoothly and to get new clients to trust me. What I did not account for are my regular customers cancelling on me. So, I'm ill motivated to even try for this weekend because of all the rejection I've been receiving over the past two weeks, ha.

J left this morning for the job site at the beach instead of leaving last night, which was a wonderful surprise! This is also contributing to my doldrums. Last night, I made Spicy Chicken Salsa Pasta for dinner and we watched Cop Out which completely exceeded my expectations. I'm trying to convince J that playing card games that do not involve having to drink after you draw a card are fun too. All we really have been doing lately is watching movies and eating so I want to find something that will break up the ordinary for us. I miss him already, since I know he won't be home tonight to cook for or to cuddle up on the couch with or laugh with about my day. I know God has a plan and He won't give you anything you can't handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment