Thursday, July 1, 2010

Diamonds & Chicken Wings?

A girlfriend of mine went to look at engagement rings yesterday and asked me and Stephanie to tag along. Her boyfriend had asked that she take some friends and go get sized and see which ones she really liked. Word on the street is that he is going to buy it in August and she is so excited! Since Jeremy has said that we will be engaged by the end of this year, the girls encouraged me to look around and get sized as well since its July and this year is half way over. So I looked around and got sized and honestly it was all a little overwhelming. So many different styles, so many sparkly things and such high prices! Holy Cow! I did look at a set that I liked, so we'll see :) After browsing, we ended up going out for dinner at Wing King, "Seriously, we are southern girls. Who else goes to look at diamonds and then out to eat Chicken wings!?"

As any girl would be of course I want a beautiful ring but honestly, I DO NOT want him to spend a fortune. I'll be more than happy with something small and maybe later on down the road, if I'm lucky, he'll suprise with an upgrade. First of all the money could be spent on better, more practical things such as the start of a down payment on a house or for him to get a new car. I'm a very practical and money conscious person, its how my Daddy raised me and spending more than our wedding is going to cost would be ridiculous.

Oh, PS my boss called yesterday and told me what my commissions were for the entire 2nd Quarter and let's just say my savings account is going to have a gigantic addition next Wed. night, praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment